Mentor InformationOur Gutsy Peer Support mentors are experienced volunteers who have been living with or caring for a loved one with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis for more than one year and they represent the breadth and diversity of experiences that are associated with living with Crohn's or colitis. All mentors are interviewed and trained before they become a Gutsy Peer Support mentor.
We are currently looking for mentors who meet any of the following criteria:
- parents of children (under or over 18) with Crohn's or colitis
- individuals 50+ who are living with Crohn's or colitis
- people living with an ostomy or j-pouch
If you are interested in becoming a Gutsy Peer Support mentor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the Crohn's and Colitis Canada volunteer application for consideration.
Please note that all potential mentors must meet the following requirements:
- Diagnosed OR caring for a loved one (e.g., parent, partner, sibling, etc) with Crohn's disease and/or ulcerative colitis for more than one year
- 18 years of age or older
- Commit to the program for one year or more
Mentor candidates must be willing to participate in a phone interview and complete a background check prior to being considered for the program. Training will be provided before entering the program.